As people with food allergies, we love the following restaurants because…
- The waiters don’t look at you like you’re crazy when you have a food allergy.
- The waiter writes down your allergies and says, ‘Let me talk to the chef to make sure what you want does not contain anything you can’t eat.’
- The chefs are happy to make modifications to your order.
- The waiters ask the right questions to find the right dish for you.
- No one ever gives us attitude when we ask about ingredients.
- They use allergy sticks in your dish so you know you have the right one.
- *Lyfe Kitchen (three Chicagoland locations)
- *Stella Barra (1954 N Halsted St)
- *Native Foods Café (multiple locations across Chicago)
- Tanta (118 W Grand Ave)
- Blackbird (619 W Randolph)
- *Swirlz Cupcakes – Vegan/Gluten free cupcake options (705 W Belden Ave)
- *Belly Q (91400 W Randolph St)
- Nellcote (833 W Randolph St)
- *PF Changs – We especially love them because they provide a printed out personal menu related to your allergy (locations across the U.S.)
- Soho House (113 N Green St)
- Avec (615 W Randolph St)
*denotes kid-friendly spots
Know of any other great restaurants that we missed? Tell us your favorites in the comments section.